Monday, November 28, 2005

Great Wall (Mutianyu Section) Part 1

Mutianyu section of the Great wall

Mutianyu is 20 km to the northwest of Huairou county and is situated where vegetation is luxurious and over 90% of the land is covered with grass and forests. This section of the Great wall is in good condition and was rebuilt in 1569 (Ming Dynasty were rulers of this land then).

A comfortable and safe cableway has been built to whisk tourists up and down the Great wall.

View from Cable car ... Half way up.. :-) I was scared as this was my first two seater cable car Ride.

Beautiful view of Mutianyu section of Great wall... One can walk till the farthest point of the Great wall seen in picture just above...:-)) I am proud to say that I did walking twice, from point where this photo has been shot till the farthest point.
Southern tip of Mutianyu section of the Great wall. Its a very nice place ... Wish there were clouds that day. The people in the picture are my friends.

Let me introduce: (Standing L-R) Sudarsan, Suneel (that's me), Devan, Kamal, Kapil, Lucas, Mukul and Debasish (my roommate). (sitting L-R) Sheela, Meg and Nitin.