Friday, June 10, 2005

Strip view, Stratosphere tower


Place: Las Vegas. The Strip of Las Vegas starts at Stardust and stretch to 3 miles down till Mandalay bay. This picture has story behind it. When I first visited Stratosphere tower and saw this view, I felt the need to capture this and tried for 4 hours, but of no use. I Couldnt get a clear shot with night vision and 8X optical Zoom. The floor is lot noisy as it has 3 extreme games. I gave up and came back to Austin. To my luck, my friends forced to plan my next trip to LV again in November and this time I took tripod wasting 50 USD. When we reached Stratosphere tower, security authorities of tower didnt allow me to carry tripod to the top of the tower because of security issues. When we reached top of the tower, I had to concentrate real hard not to shake the camera. Lately after 70 tries I got 3 clear shots and this one is the best of those. Worth the time, money and effort spent on these 3 pictures. Don't you think so?